Location: NY or NJ
Schedule: Remote to start and onsite at some point in the year
Length: 1 year+
Rate: $1000-$1150 / 9 hour workday
Risk Analytics – Data Governance Analytics Consultant
Global investment bank is seeking an experienced Data Governance specialist with 10+ years of financial industry experience to join the Risk Analytics team.
The main focus of this position is data quality management activities across market risk and counterparty risk.
This role serves as a senior leader and subject matter expert and drives execution of a data governance program. This role is accountable for leading and governing firm’s risk data quality improvement strategies, including implementation of a data governance framework and ongoing monitoring and remediation of any identified areas of weaknesses.
• Acting as the SME and liaising with front office, technology, and market and credit risk managers, and vendors to improve data governance framework. Making key analytical decisions in regard to identification and monitoring of data quality issues.
• Responsible for building out the required processes, people, and technology in place to support the data governance framework.
• Define and implement a robust data governance framework in accordance with Firm’s data governance policies and procedures.
• Defining data standards, metrics, and measurement reporting approaches.
• Interface with IT, Internal Audit, and external vendors on Data Governance topics as appropriate.
• Experience in a Data Governance program with a large financial institution.
• Data quality business process improvement experience.
• Experience leading complex regulatory projects.
• Strong technical understanding of data architecture, data quality, market risk, counterparty risk, derivative trade data and related technologies from a data quality management perspective.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills with direct experience working with senior management and regulators.
• Strong complex project management skills.
• Ability to partner and collaborate with individuals at all levels in the organization.
|Job Category||Banking, Banking & Finance, Finance, Information Technology|