Managing Principal Consultant – Regulatory
Capital Markets Team
About the Job:
Managing Principal Consultant specializing in Regulatory Operations for the Capital Markets team. As a Managing Principal you will be playing a key role in the delivery of projects and development of new business opportunities, working on client site to deliver change initiatives for leading clients across Financial Services, particularly the Capital Markets space.
About the Team:
The Capital Markets team delivers expert consulting skills and deep product and functional knowledge across all areas of the front office, operations, technology, risk, finance, and compliance. Clients include the largest investment banks, global universal banks, and capital markets divisions from regional banks across the country and around the globe.
Delivery expertise spans across launching new lines of business, coordinating high-impact regulatory response programs, leading complex integration projects, and analyzing the dependencies in an application rationalization effort. We have a consistent track record in helping clients with significant cost reductions and ensuring our clients grow, change, and compete.
Highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Lead a team of consultants, subject matter experts, and analysts in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead and participate on client engagements and prepare clear, concise, and accurate reports of findings and recommendations.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with client peers.
- Understand and anticipate changing client needs.
- Develop policies and procedures, as well as programs for training, assessment, and change management.
- Plan and execute projects as needed by client.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory updates and present to client leadership.
- Actively pursue opportunities to develop expertise, drive innovation and raise visibility of the Capital Markets team’s capabilities
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of Industry experience in Capital Markets and Securities related businesses, with specific experience in Capital Markets, Risk Management, Finance, or Compliance. (Some management consulting experience is highly desired)
- Proven track record in project-oriented Change Management and Business Development
Experience in large scale risk/finance infrastructure and change programs (ERM, Control Frameworks, SA-CCR, CCAR, FRTB, etc.)
- Regulatory financial resource management (i.e., Reg Capital, Liquidity, RWA, Balance Sheet) experience including contributing factors (credit risk, market risk, collateral, operational risk, portfolio risk, VaR)
- Clear view of how to implement a control framework supporting new regulations (e.g., HKMS / CFTC / SEC)
- Experience creating and implementing an industry best practice operational resilience structure
- Expert understanding of best practices in market data, regulatory & risk, and regulatory change from multiple reference implementations; Strong operational knowledge across multiple asset classes and traded products
- Strong understanding of institutional Broker-Dealer business, control infrastructure and technology impacts
- Experience building risk platforms that support trading operations and trading analytics (CCAR, large counterparty default and loss calculations)
- Proven track record of high-quality delivery across the project lifecycle
Management consulting experience – required at the MP level as there is a substantial sales target associated with this title.
- Strong stakeholder management, including advising and influencing clients regarding process
- Proven ability to run effective workshops for client business users
- Exposure to different methodologies and approaches (e.g. PMP, Prince 2, Agile, Waterfall)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven team leadership experience
- Ability to use their own initiative to take pro-active decisions and make tangible progress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to varying levels of client stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills, including the use of MS PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability and flexibility to work on a range of different business areas as a consultant
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to travel Mon-Thursday as required
|Job Category||Banking, Banking & Finance, Compliance, Finance, Operations, Project Management, Regulation, Sales, Technology|