Java Software Engineer
About the Team:
Global bank’s Asset & Wealth Management area delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4.3 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.
Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s their mission to efficiently take care of clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Team of agile technologists thrives in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders daily to stay focused on common goals. Team embraces a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of customers globally.
- Being a self-starter, able to take initiative and drive a program independently
- Solve complex business problems using scalable and extensible software.
- Design and develop/build easily maintainable software.
- Designing and implementing the model driven software for Paperless domain
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Utilize programs such as advanced Java, J2EE, Spring, JPA, Hibernate.
- Must have experience in Oracle and SQL development. Experience in Messaging Technologies (JMS or Kafka) is a Plus.
- Must have experience applying data structures and algorithms to the design, analysis, implementation, optimization, and profiling of software solutions.
- Utilize Agile methodology and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
- Applying knowledge of finance domain to transform business requirements into technical implementation.
- Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs developing applications within mature technology environments.
- Analyze/Research potential risks and benefits in using specified solutions to address business requirements.
- Lead the Dev Ops initiatives and work on making various tools like App Dynamics with AWM Tech stack;
- Design, develop, code, test, debug and document.
- Refactor, clean code, code reviews and mentoring.
- Work closely with clients to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes
- Track Stories (JIRA item) deliverables picked in current Sprint;
- Expertise in Test Driven Development/ Behavior Driven Development
- Continuous integration, build and automated deployment
- Supporting application in production.
- Communicate with senior technology and business management, explain complex technical solutions and anticipating future needs.
- Building real and lasting relationships with your team and extended partners.