Full Stack Java Developer
– 100% Remote –
This Java Developer will create fully functional web applications and architectures to assist with the operations of our client’s organization including application migration & refactoring. The Java Developer will be critical in administering technical support for existing applications and will be called on to provide input on architecture design, migration, test, and maintenance and support of new applications.
Java Developer Expectations:
- Develop or refactor Java based web applications using best practices.
- Provide technical support and consultation for projects and processes.
- Assist in technical planning and providing of recommendations for DevOps solutions.
- Use the Spring framework for application development and testing
- Create and update system design and development documents as well as engineering solutions in run books and user guides
- Use Git to store, manage and update code in Gitlab code repository.
- Meet with product owners to properly flesh out requirements and articulate the task back to a team.
- Develop, update, deploy and manage Docker containers.
- Follow the Agile methodology to document and coordinate tasks and issues in Gitlab.
- Address Additional client development needs as they evolve.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in related discipline or equivalent experience at minimum
- 3+ years of experience with Java J2EE development, Restful Web services, React/Node/Application.js, JQuery, XML/JSON, WebSphere.
- Knowledge of the Spring framework and the ability to integrate the individual pieces depending on the scope of the project.
- Experience working with SQL, MySql and Oracle databases.
- Ability to create, store, and use structured and unstructured data.
- Experience working with both SOAP and REST Services.
- Ability to use JUnit, for the testing of code.
- Knowledge of java logging, logging levels and integrating it into applications.
- Working with Maven for build and resource management.
- Understanding of Git and branching.
It sure would be nice if you had (Preferred):
- Understanding or the ability to learn AWS and Cloud technologies/architectures.
- Knowledge or history working with ANT (Another Neat Tool) or Gradle.
- Experience with Spring Boot and making standalone executable jars.
- Has worked with Selenium or another front-end testing framework
- Experience working with Containers and setting up development pipelines.
- Skilled with Java 1.8, Icefaces JSF (Java Server Faces) framework, db2 mainframe, GlassFish application server, WebSphere Zos platform on Mainframe.
Your whole being should include:
- Hardworking and self-motivated, with the ability to work in both a team and individual settings.
- Detailed oriented and able to stand behind the quality of the work.
- Able to learn quickly on the job in a changing environment.
- Can generate proficient documentation using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Able to properly understand, interpret and communicate level of effort, define due dates and meet deadlines.
- Able to train (2-weeks, travel paid) full-time, on-site in Washington DC.
- Must have Active Clearance (Preferred) or Public Trust Clearance (Required).
- Must be US Citizen.