– 100% Remote –
Looking for a Cloud Engineer with Public Trust Clearance or higher to join our team!
Cloud Engineer Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain AWS Cloud Infrastructure in Optimal Configuration from both technical and budgetary perspectives
- Provide Functional Escalation Support and Expertise to the Incident Management Processes involving AWS Infrastructure or related issues
- Provide input and guidance to Personnel and Cloud Architects/SMEs to the overall AWS Architecture and Design tenets
- Compose and leverage AWS CloudFormation Templates for utilization, to ensure repeatable, sustainable AWS infrastructure is effectively managed
- Deploy, test and document development, pre-production, and production environments
- Train and mentor Junior Administrators and Engineers
- Create Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) resources such as subnets, network access control lists, and security groups
- Backup cloud and on-premise resources, including in a hybrid environment
- Leverage resource tagging to allocate costs and optimize resource planning
- Create gold images / AMIs and employ auto scaling
- Assist in preparing cost analysis based on expected usage
- Configure multi-factor authentication on virtual and hardware devices
- Create IAM users and groups
- Maintain availability of critical AWS Cloud infrastructure. To include configuration changes to AWS Cloud Services (UACS) shared services, adhere to compliance requirements, PVT, PROD environments as approved and directed.
- Improve operational capabilities of UACS enterprise infrastructure as approved and directed.
- Maintain availability of production systems deployed into AWS managed area that are not covered in Project-Related Configuration Support or Prototype Configuration Support.
- Communication, including responding to C3, Alert distributions, support team requests, system business area requests, ESSD requests within 30 minutes of receipt, during business hours.
- Investigating reported and suspected outage issues, documenting issue, resolution, maintaining knowledge base of known issues.
- Review and enhance Operational Service Plans (OSPs), Run books, known issues knowledge bases, log defects.
Cloud Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum Education: I – A.S. degree, II & III – B.A. or B.S. degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: I – Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience cloud engineering, II – Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience cloud engineering with 5+ years in overall technical engineering, III – Must have minimum of 4 years of experience in Cloud Engineering with 7+ years in overall technical engineering II – Must have AWS Associate – Level Certification; III – Must have AWS Professional-Level Certification
- Must have public trust clearance or higher
- Experience documenting technical requirements
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at multi-tasking and proactive in work responsibilities
- Superior attention to detail
- Passion for providing great customer service
Cloud Engineer Preferred Qualifications:
- AWS or Microsoft Cloud Certification desired for all personnel
- At least 1 year in enterprise cloud deployments desired
- At least 2 years development experience desired
- Solid understanding of Linux and Windows operating system
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Capability in architecture design, system evaluation, system analysis, and infrastructure assessment
- Be proficient in scripting image deployment and bootstrapping
- Experience with AWS CloudWatch and other automation services
- Strong background in Microsoft based applications
- Maintain account documentation, such as architecture diagrams and portal links.
- Knowledge of databases like MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, or MongoDB
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity, Agile Scrum teamwork environment and exhibit flexibility as innovation is implemented.
- Must be able to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership and closely work with development team to drive product improvements.