LIBOR Transition Project – Traded Risk Analyst – consultant – midtown NYC
The Traded Risk Analysis and Control – LIBOR Transition Analyst will be reporting to the Head of Traded Risk Analysis and Control, US WMR. Responsibilities include:
- Liaise and Guide change team in the implementation of strategic solution for LIBOR program;
- Assisting in the development and interpretation of aggregate risk reports;
- Drafting materials for internal governance meetings; maintenance of market risk policy;
- Support for various GACH areas of responsibility; co-ordinating response to various regular and ad hoc regulatory inquiries;
- Involvement as market risk and counterparty SME in ongoing and incoming regulatory priorities.
- Involvement as market risk and counterparty SME in drafting Traded Risk business requirements.
- Ensure counterparty credit risks are identified in a timely fashion, correctly measured and appropriately escalated.
- Support BAU project activities to ensure the highest level of data quality and integrity for Risk Management
- Comply with regulatory commitments.
The Traded Risk Analysis and Control team is part of the Wholesale Credit & Market Risk team and responsible to analyze, control, and report market risks that the bank incurs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Compile and analyze risk for limits and risk monitoring/reporting daily. Review risk exposures relative to risk limits.
- Analyze risk exposures and effectively communicate the major drivers of risk to the business and senior management.
- Research and follow-up on queries regarding risk measures from Market Risk Managers, Front Office, and Senior Management.
- Participate in the design and testing of risk engines to ensure the capture of all risk types such as PVBP, VaR, CS01, EAD, etc., and understand their role in RWA computation.
- Manage and monitor limits, including timely escalation, reporting, and investigation of limit excesses.
- Ensure that data used for risk valuation and calculation is appropriately captured, processed, and reported.
- Contribute to the establishment of best-in-class standards and practices, seeking continuous improvement in daily processing.
- Collaborate with local counterparts in wider Traded Risk Analysis & Control team to ensure all tasks are completely accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all procedures and best practices defined by Traded Risk Analysis & Control are followed and documented in a period manner.
- Responsible for continuous and efficient management of risk control activities which minimize exceptions, breaks, breaches, and manual processing.
- Ensure compliance with operational risk controls in accordance and regulatory standards and policies and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the brand.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance, economics, engineering or similar discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in a risk function at a major financial institution, preferably with a focus in market risk.
- Good understanding of vanilla and structured products traded within capital markets.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain topics clearly and intuitively.
- Good understanding of capital markets and the key market risk measures and methodologies used to assess risk.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply quantitative techniques to perform trend analysis, identify risk anomalies, and solve practical problems.
- Team-oriented, while pro-active and self-motivated with ability to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Good at handling a diverse workload of longer-term projects and short terms tasks.
- Comfortable with understanding and learning to leverage multiple risk systems.
- Familiarity with databases and programming languages like SAS, MATLAB, Access, R, Python is a plus, but not mandatory.
|Job Category||Banking, Finance, Regulation, Technology|