JOB TITLE – IT Project Manager
6 months contract to hire.
Loc : Mclean VA (initially remote but they might have to come to office in couple of months)
Anyone who just wants remote only please don’t submit.
This is a role for IT project management with aspects of program management. The candidate needs to be
Hand-on PM who is actively driving project deliverables with the team and keeps track of any delay or risks in a timely manner
- The candidate with be leading a high visibility project and requires:
- candidate to be proactively driving work in a timely manner.
- candidate to be adept at executing IT PM duties like tracking tasks in detail, managing highlevel as well as
- detailed project plan, raising and racking system requests, managing communication with cross functional team, preparing this team of developers for any deployment release
- Prepare team for deployments by validating all prerequisites have been documents and all relevant parties are aware of your deployment plan
- Escalate team issues to and resolve in timely
- Participate in requirements and design discussions with project stakeholders
- Develop and maintain project budget and forecast
- Assess and manage project risks and issues
- Work with team to develop Objectives and Key Results quarterly and track that the team is on track to meet the goals.
- Participate in big room planning and lead the team to developing a plan for the upcoming Product Increment
- Candidate should be able to promptly gauge risks to any committed timelines and should be able to communicate them effectively with appropriate mitigation plan
- Candidate should be an active team player who can collaborate effectively with client vendors and other development teams to manage delivery required for his program.
Good to have experience with raising deployment control tickets (PDP, Service Now), creating implementation and back-out plan, test results summary document, Operational readiness preparations, maintaining Kanban board.
This role requires active engagement with client. The candidate should be experienced with hosting and facilitating meeting and conversation independently with client and closing them with actionable minutes.
Well versed with spoken and written English.
|Job Category||Project Management|