Functional QA Tester – Derivatives Trading AVP/VP
Global Investment Bank is seeking QA Functional Tester for Derivatives Trading related applications.
- Identify types of tests to be performed
- Gather details about testing priorities and focus
- Preparation of test plan / strategy document for various types of testing
- Test effort estimation
- Create test scenarios
- Create test cases, automation scripts (if applicable)
- Prepare requirement traceability matrix (RTM)
- Execute tests as per plan
- Document test results, and log defects for failed cases
- Map defects to test cases in RTM
- Retest the defect fixes
- Track the defects to closure
Desired Experience/ Skills:
- Experience (5+ years) in the field of IT and Testing in the BFSI (Banking and Financial Industry) domain.
- Strong Domain skills – Must have working experience in Capital Markets across modules and instruments especially
- Derivatives (Bonds, Options, Futures, Swaps)
- Experience and in-depth understanding of the Software Testing principles.
- Experience with Applications in Front/Middle Office operations.
- Knowledge in at least one Trading Platform (e.g., Fidessa/Calypso/Summit)
- Experience in testing BFSI Domain applications with a proper understanding of the Trade Lifecycle.
- Knowledge of FIX Protocol.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Understanding the user requirements and application capabilities by reading BRD, FSD and application user manuals.
- Work closely with Business (Test case reviews) and IT teams (deployments/fixes)
- Good knowledge of Windows and SQL.
- Defect Management – Articulation of defects in detailed manner, assigning defects to technical teams, capturing target fix dates and resolution comments from IT
- Co-ordinate with Project/ Program managers with clear communications.
- Ability to drive the project Initiatives on your own. Plan and execute activities based on project milestones and independently manage communications.
- Adept at providing Testing, Technical and Domain expertise by guidance to team.
- Good communication, presentation skills and problem-solving skills.
- HP ALM – Highly desirable